Slough town centre, operated by Slough BID, has chosen to operate the Hytera Push-to-talk-over-cellular, the Hytalk PoC management system. The system is being implemented to help reduce crime and enhance public safety via Slough Council’s “Safe & Secure” scheme.
This is a transition from the previous two-way radio system to a PoC system which utilises public mobile operator networks. By choosing a PoC system, the sometimes-expensive infrastructure required with conventional two-way radio systems is negated.
The new PoC management system will provide instant and live data sharing, by connecting directly to the DISC online data sharing platform used by Slough BID members providing the ability to upload videos and pictures direct from the android-based Hytera PNC550 and PNC380 PoC handsets.
Hytera PNC550 PoC handset features
- Android 8.1 operating system
- 5-inch HD Multi-touch Display
- Support dual SIM and dual standby
- 13MP rear camera and 8MP front camera
- High Capacity Battery and Fast Charge
- Build-in 1W speaker
- IP68 rated
- 2m drop-proof design
Hytera PNC380 PoC Handset features:
- HD camera (5MP) with a flashlight (PNC380 Pro)
- NFC functionality (PNC380 Pro)
- Enhanced ergonomic design
- Full keypad and dedicated emergency button
- Dual-mic noise reduction technology
- Long-lasting battery (4,000 mAh)
- IP67 and MIL-STD-810G
The new Hytera PoC solution is provided by Foresolutions Ltd, an authorised Hytera partner. This agreement and implementation show how the latest generation of PoC handsets and systems have come since their inception in the UK with the original Dolphin network.